Empowered Health Coronavirus Prevention/Planning
What can I do to prepare for coronavirus?
Wash your hands! Washing for 20 seconds has been one of the main determinates in decreasing the spread of coronavirus. The coronavirus has a lipid protective layer that makes it harder to kill through other means other than hand washing.
- Avoid close contact with others. Refrain from handshaking, kissing, or hugging.
- Don’t touch your face, mouth, eyes, or nose.
- If you think you might have been infected get tested. Call your local health department if you think you might have been subjected to coronavirus.
- Prepare for at least a month of being quarantined in your house.
- Stock up on canned goods and cleaning products.
- Masks are completely sold out. Don’t waste your time trying to find any. Masks should be worn by infected persons and healthcare professions.
Nutrition and vitamin recommendations.
- Vitamin C have been shown to help in the prevention and treatment.
- Zinc Acetate lozenges can inhibit viral replication
- Vitamin D has been shown to help prevent upper respiratory infections
- Garlic has been shown to have antiviral properties
- Echinacea has minimal studies, is noted to decrease risk of repeated respiratory infections
- N-Acetylcysteine helps with chronic respiratory conditions
At this time I do not recommend Elderberry due to some recent literature about how it may increase cytokine storm in COVID-19 patients.
To prevent illness, it is best to eat a nutritious diet high in vitamins and minerals and to avoid processed foods and sugars.
New research is emerging about eating when you have an illness. Data suggests that during a viral illness eating healthy food helps decrease the viral load in your system. As for a bacterial illness data suggests refraining from eating until you regain your appetite.
Avoid Alcohol consumption and sugar
Sleep and Stress
It is encouraged to get adequate sleep and avoid stressors. Inadequate sleep and high stress can increase the susceptibility to illness
The South Koreans and Chinese have published recent guidelines for the treatment COVID-19 (active and prophylactic). The use of chloroquine phosphate, an antimalarial medication, has had positive effects on the treatment and prevention of coronavirus. Chloroquine has been widely used to malaria, HIV, amoebiosis, and autoimmune disease. Chloroquine's main mode of effect is by elevating the endosomal pH causing decreased transmission of the virus.
As I continue to follow coronavirus (COVID-19) I will continue to share. Please visit my website Empoweredhealthtn.com to signup as a new telemedicine patient and sign up for the newsletter to continue to receive updates on the progress of this illness. You can also follow on Facebook, twitter and Instagram through my website.